Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Two Confession...


Confession 1: My dog Macy has 100% control over me... as evidenced by that fact she gets multiple treats, every day, and sleeps under the covers by my feet. And when I do muster up the courage to say no to her... as in "No! you can not have a 10th cookie", "No you can not play with the cat's tail" and "No I will not rub your belly for an hour", this is the look she gives me...

Confession 2: I buy a lottery ticket once a week. Do I think I will actually win? I hope so , but realistically, my weekly lottery ticket is a week long license to dream without limits. As I sit in traffic, I think about what house I would buy, destinations I would travel to, good deeds I would perform and luxuries I would indulge in... My little fantasies change each week and leave me feeling indulgent and giddy at the end of my commute. A dollar well spent.

This week I would buy this house, surprise friends and family with this car and plan a weekend getaway to this destination. So here is the truly funny thing. For all my day dreaming the basic things I want always remain the same and even more startling, they really don't require Millions to achieve...

  1. I want a happy home and a welcoming garden.
  2. I want my friends and family to know how much I cherish them and to see them happy.
  3. I want a creative life filled with inspiration, creativity and joy.
  4. I want to give a little bit back to the world, that has given me so much...

does any of this require multi millions... certainly not and this realization is priceless...

5 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

LOL! "No I will not rub your belly for an hour" is the funniest line! And even though the best stuff in life is priceless, you never know about winning the lottery either. I was so shocked when I won the office football pool!

anne bryant said...

I love Macy—she is the sweetest little dog.
You two deserve each other! :)

Enyasi said...

Macy says thanks for all the kind comments... And for Anali... Office Football Pool? You go girl!!!!!

suttonhoo said...

of course, all this makes perfect sense out of the cat's behavior: he knows you're cheating on him with the dog.

Enyasi said...

Suttonhoo, I think you hit the nail on the head... Jealousy it the root of all evil ;-)