Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Thing About Looking Ahead.....

The thing about looking ahead, is you don't often see the things that are at your feet. The same can be said to the future... looking to the future can keep you from seeing your present.

Today was the second day of spring. I was so busy, that I missed the first day Today for the first time I noticed that our lilac tree was sprouting little bits of green and that our ornamental cherry was raining blossoms like pink snow.Also noticed that our yard looks like an abandoned rugby field Note to self: fix this ASAP!

Normally I look forward to this time all year.. where every tree looks like a painting and the cold has subsided enough that I can actually taste and smell the sun in the air. Lately though, I have been so focused on my future.. that I have neglected to enjoy the moments that make up the here and now.

It's not what if, it's what now. ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

suttonhoo said...

here you go -- for your unfurling -- and for spring -- from corydora@flickr (love the quote)