Thursday, March 9, 2006

Something to love, something to do and something to look forward to…

The other day after a night of restless sleep and odd dreams I woke up with the realization that something wonderful some good thing would happen this week. Experience has taught me to trust these feeling so of course I found myself excited and giddy.

Perhaps the good thing would be money, a trip or my dream job but the week progressed and nothing happened. I found myself fearing my good thing would be something lame and disappointing. I would find a parking space right in front of my destination and find myself silently hoping that this was not the good thing.

Then yesterday on my way from lunch, I was listening to the local NPR affiliate, KUOW. The program was about happiness (listen here). A caller recounted a card she had received, that said, happiness was:

Something to love,
something to do,
and something to look forward to…


As I considered what these things would be for me… I came to a realization and made a decision. (Which I shall mention another time...) Of course a split second later, I realized that this was my good thing….

So what was my point? Nothing, but it really does make you think….

Something to love,
something to do,
and something to look forward to…

No comments: