Monday, January 19, 2009

It was the night before Inauguration and...

So tomorrow is the big day... I am so excited and along with most everyone else feel giddy and nervous like it was going to be me taking the oath tomorrow.

In preparation for tomorrow:

  • I have carefully picked my outfit (black heels, black wide leg dress pants, and my favorite short red sweater with the ruffle collar...worn over a white t-shirt).
  • I have looked through my selection of Obama wear and settled on my favorite Obama necklace.
  • I'm letting my hair do what it wants...
  • and I have packed extra tissues (I'll probably tear up)

Where am I going.... Not to one of the many parties or viewings... but to work.. Sadly there is a scheduled meeting right in the middle of the inauguration and I am too much of a coward to skip it... (well that, and I am a little behind with my workload and really the last thing I need to do in this economy is jeopardize my standing at work).

But I will watch as much as I can... I will smile at people I normally ignore, I will walk with a little more pep in my step, I will feel exuberant and I will be hopeful...

No comments: