Thursday, December 25, 2008

A running jump into the New Year...

Merry Christmas... phew! It was lovely fun and thankfully, it's over! (We'll in a few hours...) Some people get that post Christmas let down. Not me! I am just the opposite as the day passes I start to get energized, I can start thinking about the New Year and more importantly how I intend to live in the New Year. I worship beginnings... and thankfully every morning, Monday, and 1st of the month is essentially a chance to start fresh. Forgive myself for any past sins and strive to do the right thing. But in all the year there is no greater beginning than January 1.

I am giddy with excitement over all the things I want to do... Then of course there are a myriad of reasons to be excited about the coming year. In a word, OBAMA!!!! Logically, I know he is just a man and not the appointed savior of mankind, but I can't help but feel the warm glow of salvation when I think about him. I think today's New York Times hit on one of his cool factors with this article.. I think I need to add a visit to Hawaii to my New Year's list.

No comments: