Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good Mornings

One of those work weeks that seems too impossibly long to have only been 5 days. You know the feeling where logically something should work, but it doesn't. The feeling where you are working something out in your mind and until you can physically manifest it, in your mind it will stay. This of course means, that even though you are snug at home, your mind is still at work. All adding up to one terribly long week.

Also did I mention I kicked my Mountain Dew habit. I was up to 3 cans a day. Even though it was diet, it left me awake, but puffy with bad skin and just an unhealthy feeling. I have been clean now for 6 days. And I hate to say it, but I feel 100% better.

This of course brings me to my good mornings. I love love love early mornings. I used to be one of those crazy morning people that jumped out of bed with a smile at the crack of dawn. Soda, caffeine and late night TV slowly ate away at my morning time, until suddenly, I found myself struggling to get out of bed at 9. This led to late nights at work and a vicious cycle. So I am retaking my mornings.

I believe the perfect morning starts early with a deep breath and happiness at being awake. Throw in a healthy breakfast, a relaxed pace and a sense of accomplishment by 9:00 and I am a happy camper.

No comments: