Saturday, January 22, 2011

One of those days.. in a good way!




This time of year, wet and cold is the basic forecast we have in the Pacific Northwest. The meteorologist try to make it sound interesting using such phrases as  mist, mixed precipitation, light drizzle, balmy, light breeze and my favorite, sun breaks.  They all say the same thing, wet and cold.  My first winter here, I heard a forecast that said rain expected through March. This is really the Seattle winter forecast in a nutshell.

So, despite the "balmy mixed precipitation", today I bundled up Pudge and made my way to the Starbucks on the waterfront not too far from our house.  I had a grande nonfat iced mocha with a single shot of decaf, 2 pumps of chocolate and low ice (this is my drink of choice and yes, I am one of those people) and Pudge had a bottle.  I sat her in my lap and we looked out the window and chatted about the view.   (I chatted, she babbled and people starred).  It was really rather nice and I was enjoying myself immensely when out of nowhere, the most amazing thing happened... the sun came out.  (Seattle, winter... trust me sun is a big deal). So we started our day with coffee, a bottle and a walk along the beach. What could be better?
Okay maybe some heat :-)   

No comments: