Monday, April 14, 2008

5 to 7 servings a day...



The last few days I have been diligently forcing myself to eat more fruits and vegetables. I had been doing so well for months and then suddenly I lost my taste for them. A week went by where I was eating maybe 1-2 servings a day. But I am happy to report I am back on the Vegetable Wagon. My saviors, sweet salads, savory soups and Greek yogurt. The sweet salads are great for my sweet tooth, but sweetness thanks to strawberries and balsamic vinegar. The savory soups have tons of vegetables and thanks to mashed white kidney beans, the soups have a creamy texture. And finally Greek Yogurt... if you have never had it, go to the store right now!!!! Flavored with honey, the texture is like a smooth pudding with a soft and soothing flavor. Add berries or fruit and you are in heaven..

No comments: