Monday, April 9, 2007

Something Alarming is Happening to Me....

You know how they say big changes start small and then one day you wake up and you are different…? I am afraid it might be true.

So today…

  • I started my morning with a flax seed, strawberry yogurt shake
  • ate an energy bar before happily tackling my lunch time training session
  • did 30 minutes on the treadmill even though I had forgot my IPod and there were no good magazines
  • thanked my trainer for a great workout instead of calling her a sadist under my breath
  • selected my sandwich at lunch based on the calorie and carbohydrate count
  • went to Starbucks and left not with my favorite Frappuccino with extra whip, but with a Venti Passion Fruit Ice Tea without sugar (just a little Splenda)
  • worried on the drive back to office that Splenda might be the devil
  • left work on time to go to PCC (local food coop)… at the market, I
  • Selected organic strawberries over the perfectly good on sale strawberries from Venzuubekpakistan or wherever…
  • purchased 9 pounds of organic sweet potatoes for the homemade dog food I make for our dog (he’s allergic to gluten)
  • Bought organic fair trade light brown sugar, because “if I am going to eat sugar it is going to be the best!”
  • Came home and cooked a vegetarian Mexican casserole with brown rice, sweet potatoes (not just for puppy), corn, salsa, guacamole, organic black beans and cheese… (super amazing and like a million servings of vegetables in every bite)
  • enjoyed the meal even though it had no meat or corn syrup
  • finished cooking for the night, by making organic blueberry muffin loafs with (the really good fair trade organic sugar) yogurt and assorted healthy stuff

WHO IS THIS PERSON?????

Exercise, organic healthy food… If it weren’t for the fact that I also had an Easter Peep and diet coke I would swear I had been replaced by some pod person…

On the good side in the six weeks I have been exercising, even thought I have only lost 2 pounds, I HAVE reduced the indicator levels for my blood sugar, lowered my blood pressure to normal and can do 30 minute of cardio without puking… Plus I am totally eating better and actually like some of the exercise stuff…

Big changes start small…

3 comments:

suttonhoo said...

great post. :)

Lisa Johnson said...

Good for you! I officially had the most unhealthy lunch ever. Today is the Red Sox's home opener, so our building management is giving away all this baseball food. I just had a Klondike Bar and a giant pretzel. I would have had a hot dog too, but they didn't have turkey, only beef. : (

Anonymous said...

Congrats and keep up the good work!!!
Let me know when you are up for a guilty pleasure—perhaps juniormints and Spiderman 3 sometime soon? :)